' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, August 14, 2014

VBS Good Times for All... 2014

 
 
VBS good time for all at FBC Centerton with Agency D3.
This year I taught a class for my mom's church, Sang, so
we were familiar with the theme and the songs ahead of time.
I think that made it more fun for Kellen because he really got into the moves
to the music, the words, and the theme of the week.
Our church is incredible about their props and really bringing
things to life for these kids. Kudos to lots of hard working people
we are privy to know!  

---
I did preschool crafts this year. Leading is not
necessarily my strong point, but I think it went fine.
Sometimes we are capable of more than we give ourselves
credit for.. wink
- - - 
Tuesday night Kellen asked if he could go get his Bible and take it
with him to Vacation Bible School the next morning. I said well of course.
He goes and gets it and gets back in bed.
He then says:'Momma, tomorrow when they ask who brought their Bible, I want
to go up on stage and do the pledge.' - (beaming on the inside), I answer with 'absolutely you can, that would be awesome.' -- his response (beaming also) :'ok, can you let them know that I want to go up there so they will call my name?'
I love this kid to the stars and back!
So sure enough, as soon as we got there I let Chappy know
that Kellen brought his Bible and wanted to go up there, so
when it came time to go, Chappy pointed for him to come up on stage.
As they were getting started miss Melanie walked up and joined them.
The two of them held up their Bibles with responsibility and joy while
everyone said the pledge.
Later Melanie's mom let me know that she,too, had pronounced ahead of
time that she wanted to go on stage during the pledge.
So she sure enough did!
Love these kids!
Mrs. Mary, Kellen's teacher, got sick after day one and
he got a new teacher, we sure do hope she is good now, but
here is Graham and Kellen with her on day one.
Happy faces!  
Speaking of Graham, we got to enjoy a swim play date with the Swarengin kiddos over at Mrs. Crissy's pool while they were visiting.
Precious kids, precious family. I sure do love me some Graham!
Moral to the VBS story? Tell everybody about Jesus.
This life is great, but it is only temporary. Don't get caught up in materialist things
of this world that matter NONE. Keep your focus on Jesus!
Yes, yes oh yes, I struggle with this more than anyone I know.
One day at a time!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment