' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another first.... first Halloween!

Kellen's first Halloween was a good one... Of course the main event was last weekend for our family's Halloween partaay. For actual Halloween our church has an annual Fall Festival and invite the community out for costumes, games, popcorn, candy, treats, lots more games and TONS of candy! It's a great way to offer all members of the community a safe place to take their kiddos for trick or treating... I signed up to help out with the inflatable our sunday school class had for the little tykes.. Kids flying in all directions, little ones, bigger ones, runny noses... fortunately there were no broken bones on my watch.. wooo! My parents came with us and watched Kellen while I helped out.. I'm still trying to learn how to juggle a baby, a camera, a stroller, walk, and function all at the same time.. so needless to say, we forgot the stroller and I opted not to bring a camera. K's 'spot the dalmatian pup' costume didn't stay on too long due to the fact it was way too hot inside...oh, and he thinks he is 5 years old and big enough to play with all the kids, so the fact that we were holding him the entire time was clearly frustrating... It was clear he thought he could just get down and crawl around right in the middle of everything going on. Oh the stresses of only being 8.5 months old must be rough! My parents said that while I was inside holding down the fort at the inflatable, they had him outside at the little petting zoo, looking at baby chicks and some other live stock. My mom said he loooved watching the baby chicks. I do believe he will be an animal lover like myself and that makes me very happy... (sigh of relief!) Here are a couple of pictures we took before the Festival just to have a couple of him on his first actual Halloween day...
My dad arrived later to our Halloween party last week so in the chaos of everything
I didnt get ONE single darn picture of him and that made me very very sad.. SO, on
Kellen's first Halloween I made SURE we got a picture of him with his Pops! (and Mimi)
and speaking of Mimi, I'd like to share a little something here... My mom knew how much I've been wanting a 'hobo wallet', but knows that I wont pay $80+ dollars to buy one, that is just obsurd, and I dont
have time to shop and gallivant very often so I hadn't even been able to locate
a 'knock-off' wallet with the same style.. So, she brought Kellen, Jaxson, Jon and
I treat bags for Halloween. Jon's was chocolate and mine was a hobo style wallet.. and
I love it! My mom has done little things like this my entire life. There is thought and love behind
her little gifts and it makes them so very special to me. My parents are a shining example
for me in understanding whats really important in life... LOVE and concern for others and not myself.

Happy very FIRST Halloween to our sweet baby Kellen!

No comments:

Post a Comment