' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Time Spent in Negril

One of the great things Jon and I share is our love for travel and interest in experiencing the globe. For the past 2 years we have been consumed with buying our home and growing our family and our life together. But recently we have both been itching to travel... In fact, I think some things are in the works for this summer. In the mean time though, all the destination yack has brought on reminiscing grand central station for me. A few days back my computer with the help of my son (stinker) decided to delete over half of my saved files with no known trail of retrieving them so I have been digging through the saved disc files to reload a few of them. (kellen and I love to set and watch the screen saver slideshow full of random pictures. He will laugh and point and say names of the people on screen and its a fun time we share together and i am NOT about to end this little mommy moment tradition!) SO, in digging up pics I included some travel pics of jon and i as well. 
We'll just call them the pre-Kellen days...  :)

Negril, Jamaica was one of our first trips together, and honestly I think it's been hard to top for both of us.  Couples -Swept Away was the all inclusive resort we decided on after many many hours of research and reading reviews online for all destinations. It did not disappoint. Not only was the carribean beach and crystal blue waters the most gorgeous beach we've been to so far, it was just a magical time for a couple of love birds. There are not enough kind words we can say about the staff at this resort and the locals we met. We literally raised a flag from our chairs out on the sand and the waiters were there within minutes.
If you can see the colorful man in the back of this digital beauty here (before I purchased my dslr), he would walk the beach selling cigars and cigarettes among other things. One night we were out in the ocean on a night swim literally enjoying the light of the moon and out of no where a guy pops up slowly out of the water and offers us 'smokes'.. We politely declined and he went back under the water and swam on.. We got a good laugh out of it, thinking of how long this guy had been swimming up and down the coast line resorts of his land doing this for a living. I mean, he was so smooth and quiet, we never heard him coming and we barely heard him leave. SNEAKY
The Catarman cruise was so cool that we went twice.. Sliding off the boat into the ocean rocked, hands down awesome! and this guy is a gifted raggae musician, truly talented people.
Jumping off the cliffs of Pirates Cave was right up my alley. This is my type of rush, loved it. we had to jump off the Catarman boat and into the ocean and swim under these rocks you see below the bluff here. There is an old rusty ladder that you climb up and walk around to Pirates Cave.. Well Jon dove off the boat first of everyone there and I jumped off 2nd. As I approached the opening of the caves the mental image of an enormous lockness monster was filling my mind so I found myself hauling it to the ladder. Well, it turns out I didnt listen very well to the boat guide explain where to go as I went into the wrong cave and went up the wrong ladder.. and Jon just followed me up the wrong way also.. oops.
We ended up at a very narrow opening with a locked gate and a very old woman standing there frowning at us.. At first it didnt seem like she was going to let us through, but we offered her money and pleaded our case and whether she understood or not she took the money and opened the gate.. ha
We ended up across the street from Pirates Cave and were out of money so we jumped over to the left of Pirates Cave.. This picture is from the 2nd time we jumped (when using the correct ladder).. but in the pic if you look to the far left you can see the ledge of where we jumped from the first time.. FUN. Jon was at the edge of the ledge looking down and contemplating the jump and i knew if i stood up there and thought about it too long that i wouldnt want to go, so i just hauled off and jumped off. I looked first to make sure I wasnt going to land on anyone. such a rush, so fun. I'd go again in a heart beat. If you look close in the pic that is me about to jump off at Pirates Cave.
Walking to Margaritaville, snorkeling, glass bottom boat ride were among our activities for the week...

Leche Martinis were our drink of choice at this amazing restaurant.. The food and drinks were the best I've had so far.. bold statement, but I was so highly impressed with this resort... impressed and maybe just a little bit smitten and falling in love.  --   :)

Everytime we talk about vacationing I go back to this week of our lives for a moment and remember how amazing this place was for us.. Shared adventure, laughs, moments in the hammocks under the moonlight.. I dont think my limited writing ability can do justice for this memory shared...
sigh sigh sigh
'No worries Mon!'

No comments:

Post a Comment