' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Monday, April 11, 2011

14 month milestone...

14 months!
As I've said before, walking went straight to running everywhere he goes.. and he's added climbing to his list of 'can do's'... my nephews were scaling the walls at my parents house at very early ages, using shelves as their ladders, so I'm wondering if Kellen will follow suit...
He's rocking 11 teeth, and now has his own language and if you understand it , its as clear as mudd.. I refer to it as 'Kelloneeze'.
Random ladies at stores will stop him to talk to him and tell him how cute he is and he will just look at them and grin and jabber his Kelloneeze in what I can only tell is what he considers carrying on an actual conversation... It's complete with pauses for response and questionable looks and giggles. love it!
He continues to take off ONE sock and shoe on every car ride and now tosses the shoe in the floor board. He is also testing the waters on what he can and cant get away with on a few things, like when he doesnt want to get in the car seat he will stand up in the seat. I tug to get him sat down and he will slouch down in the seat and just stare at me while I struggle to get him buckled in.. So far this only cracks me up but I'm sure eventually I will have to crack the whip! haha
I hardly EVER leave him in the play pin. Occassionally he is in there for 30 minutes max if I need to send some work emails etc. and this breaks his heart. He retaliates by dumping his bowl of cheerios I put in there with him all over and spreading them out amongst his toys. STINKER
Our friends Clay and Rachael came up for a visit this past weekend and brought their month old baby girl Madeline. Clay, Jon and Jaxson went the the Hogs vs. Lsu baseball game (which I heard had a spectacular ending), and Rachael and Madeline hung out with Gramma and Kellen while I had a wedding shoot all day.. They said Kellen was so sweet to Madeline and patted her carrier if she was crying and gave her sweet looks of concern. Gramma said he also has a bit of a jealous streak (no idea where he could have gotten that from), she said anytime she went to set by Madeline or get near her Kellen would climb up in her lap and give her hugs. (he's thinking baby you're cute, but step away from my gramma!)  :)
He does these quirky little things but he is still the sweetest natured little boy.
ALWAYS giving pats and hugs to his family. It's so obvious he knows who he loves and who loves him and its very heart warming to watch him be so enduring to the people I love as well.




He LOVES playing outside more then ever and Gramma and Papaw had us bring this car over from their house to play with. Getting in the car is no problem for him but he's still working on getting out. So far he slides out the bottom of the car and gets stuck so I end up having to pick the car up and move it so he can get up. ha -- but he sure looks good chillin doesnt he!

A little while back we teamed up with a friend to shoot some ads for her online crafting business... Kellen helped with some of the ads as you can see here. Kids/baby clothes and items are her specialty and she has quite a talent for creating some personalized goodies, check them out if you get a chance: http://www.shellyscrafting.etsy.com/
You can also find more of the ads on my website as well http://www.jenldavisphotography.com/ or find us both on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment