' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hope the Easter Bunny Wore it's galoshes!

The bunnies were all sloshin through the roaring water and mud this year as it has been raining for days now. We were blessed to have the hard hitting tornadoes roll on through and past our area but some in southern Arkansas weren't so lucky :(
I know 'doing it up big' for kids is IN and trust me I love seeing pictures of how people go to the extremes with decor and glitz and glamour.. yada yada..  its a hoot. but Jon and I are just not flashy people and simple is just how I try to keep things. I learned the life lesson a looooong time ago that I wasn't the type of person that was ever going to 'keep up with the Jones' so rather than waste my time trying, i just dont! Glad I could share that with you.. lol
ANYWAYZ
No surprise that Kellen was the first one up on Easter morning.

We played and carried on for over an hour until Jaxson finally joined us.
Before bed the night before, I had asked Jax if he was excited for the Easter bunny to visit him with a basket and he said yes.. and that he was sure hoping the Easter bunny would bring him a blue basket with race cars and flames on it.. and I said, 'well, I tell ya what, I'll go in the other room and call the Easter bunny and tell him that you requested this and we'll see what he can do.'
So later on when I went to tuck him into bed, he said 'hey jen, do you think you can call him back and ask him to put some hot wheels in the basket too.'   (lol)
Knowing that I hadn't gotten any hotwheels for his basket I said, 'well, I'll try to call him back, but I bet the line will be busy. He's a busy bunny the night before Easter and has to take lots of calls.'    (haha)
He seemed ok with that answer...

Jaxson was pleased with his gifts from the Easter bunny.. It was pretty cool that I had bought the basket prior to him asking for one just like it. (i'm a cool jen like that. )
Blue bat, new blue cup, blue gum, and some fun dip! And Kellen could have cared less what was in his basket so he got 2 new sets of pajamas.

Kellen's big boy Easter dudds his Gramma got him. Complete with patent leather shoes!
(disclaimer: these aren't meant to be or look like studio pictures. Just fun snap shots for scrapbooks as most indoor pictures are.. thanks)
This year we improvised on the egg hunt due to the massive rain... they had just as many eggs, just as much candy and just as much fun with an indoor hunt.
(also another first for Kellen. His first egg hunt on Easter.)
and he found the first egg!
 Reaching high and low to find all the eggs.... and below I think Kellen is overseeing what they're doing.. ha
This picture captures it EGGSACTLY ! Jaxson is EGGstatic that he was able to find a basket full of eggs, Caden's concern is that he loads up his wallet with more money money money, Reece is ALLL about the candy, and Kellen.. well, he is thrilled that the boys have something to occupy their time long enough for him to snatch one of their wii remotes out of the play room!


 Reece sang his entire song for his upcoming preschool graduation ceremony.. lets see, he loves musical instruments and can sing great.. He might just be famous some day, look out!
 and its not a cousin get together without a picture of the FIVE...
 Later Kellen and I went over to my parents while Jon had to take Jaxson back to his moms.. Uncle Bub teasing Kellen about being a little bird while eating his snacks! ha
 Lily loves her Mimi.. sweet sweet
 Kellen was all about Pops. My dad was helping him open an egg to see what was in it.

Happy Easter!
We read over John chapter 20 in Sunday School class this morning also.. Discussed how Mary M. was the first person to see Jesus after the resurrection... I will have to read this again for myself soon so that I am versed in knowing the story so I can teach the true meaning of Easter to my kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment