' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Monday, April 18, 2011

...She said YES!

Ziplining the Cierra Madre Mountains...1,000 feet in the air. wind in my face,rush rush. I was loving it!.. but let me back track a little and explain how I got to this point.
It was 2008 and Jon and I had just gotten home from a white water rafting trip to the Ocoee River. So cold yet so fun. We stayed at this secluded 3 level log cabin in the hills of Blue Ridge, GA.
Managed to see some sights in Nashville as well and took a ride on the General Jackson while there.
We had talked for several months about going to Mexico and had checked out almost all destinations and read review after review. Jon had talked to our friend Randall about his trip there and gotten all the tips for Puerto Vallarta.
So a couple days home from our trip to GA he is setting at the computer and says something along the lines of 'hey, you want to go to PV this next weekend?'   and being the fly by the seat of my pants type I of course replied with 'sure'.
Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta here we come!!
Marriage talk and talk of 'the proposal' had come up previous to going on this trip, yes..
We had been 'ring looking' together a few times and knowing Jon I knew he would
do something grand when he popped the question, so in the very back corner of my mind I wondered if this could be the trip.. but in conversation on the plane ride there he convincingly told me he wished he was proposing on this trip but that it just didnt work out that way and he was sorry.
So that was that and we were headed to mexico for the first time with nothing but some advice on where to go and what to eat and a great time awaiting us.

 We taxi'd to down town Puerta Vallarta and walked through the city taking in the sites. A top a pretty steep hill tucked away behind some city streets and homes was a really elegant little restaurant , Barcelona Tapas. Our dining experience was phenomenal. The food was great and the pitcher of sangria was even better. Setting on the balcony overlooking this city was awesome.

We left dinner laughing and walked through the city some more. Went through a jewelry store where I purposely went past the engagement ring section.. ha
Jon looked across the street and was like lets go check out that church.
It was a pretty prestigous looking church with steps leading up to it. As we walked up the steps to the church my shoe fell off and I had to go back down and get it. Jon kept on walking up. What I didn't know was a few days prior to our leaving for this trip Jon had gone to my parents house and sat them both down and asked for their blessing to marry me...He had also bought a beautiful ring at Blakeman's and had kept it hidden in the one place he knew I wouldnt find it. (in a cooking bowl in the top shelf of the kitchen, lol) When I finally wrestled my shoe on and made it up the stairs, turned the corner and there he was, down on one knee with a ring box in hand.  
My heart was beating so loud that I never even really heard all that he said, and his was beating so loud that he doesn't remember.. Regardless, it was an unforgettable moment in both our lives that wont ever be topped.
WE'RE ENGAGED!
The place...

The ring...
The fiance...

We took a Catarman to the island of A Las Caletas the next night for dinner and a live show, both of which were incredible.
The play was a portrayal of hunters and their kill. It was beautiful at times and morbid at others. strange mix but great performance.
The dinner was ocean side and romantic.
... and the next day leads me back to the tequila tour, Jon's taming the enormous snakes, and ziplining. 

Ziplining was awesome. Not only was it a rush to be up that high in the mountains but also a rush to realize I was engaged and about to open a new chapter in my life filled with new experiences and great memories... and fast forward to now, 2011.. married 2 years now and have a precious son that captivates my heart.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment