' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Five year full circle...

Let me start by saying... Congratulations to our cutie kindergarten graduate.
Last weekend was a road trip to the bluff to celebrate Jaxson's graduating kindergarten. We FINALLY caught one of his baseball games and spent the weekend in Little Rock hanging out with the graduate.
It had been awhile since I had been to my nieces and nephews ball games at this age so I had forgotten how entertaining these little sluggers can be... hoot!
This collage or one like it I'm going to have made into a poster, give it to him as a birthday gift and we'll hang it in his room. Action Jaxson!
We stayed the weekend with our friends and their 3 month old baby girl who is precious!

                                                                          Madeline Grace..
She is a great baby that is easy going just like Kellen was at 3 months old. She coos and talks to her momma and smiles a LOT to only be right at 3 months old.. She's beautiful which means she looks just like her mommy(sorry clay).   If and when (IF) we have another child, I think it would be neat to have a girl this time.. Of course we already have a boy name picked out, so we'll see...
                                                          The Davis boys, always charmers... We took Jaxson to Target to buy TWO toys for a graduation treat and as always he flirted with the girl at the check-out.. He asked her if she liked his shirt, and then told her he'd have them make her one and needed to know her name so he could bring it back to her. ha


I love these 2 pictures... Jaxson turned ONE a couple weeks after Jon and I started dating. I hadn't met him yet and Jon emailed me pictures of him and Jax from his first birthday party his Gramma had for him. We met a few weeks later, Jon brought him up to the mall. They were coming out of the restroom at Dillards and I could hear Jon talking to him and telling him that he wanted him to be good and smile because he really liked this girl.. (it was cute.) Around the corner came the stroller and this little blonde headed baby boy looked up at me and gave me one of those looks of, 'now who are you.' I thought oh boy, this kid isnt going to like me.
But it didnt take long to win him over.. We went to the park and to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings.. After a few silly faces, some swings, and some dip and chips from bdubs and I had won him over :)
Now five years later that sweet sweet little tyke that was crazy about Thomas the train is a wild indian kindergarden graduate smarty pants that corrects everything I say!! lol I still love him very much... and seeing pictures like this one reminds me of just how much.. No matter how grown they get, they are still the same little charmers that melted your heart and had you spending every penny you made on over priced Thomas the Train toys. (I still to this day know most of the names of those goofy boring trains!)  
                                                                              Infact, we still have all the trains and tracks and broke them out of the attick for Kellen recently.. He isn't as fascinated with them as Jaxson was, but he likes to run them around the house like cars. Two cuties!
 This pic makes me smile every time I see it.. Jon said come here jax and so jax went over to the side of the bridge, steadily doing exactly what Jen has trained him to do , look at the camera and smile... Jon had to be like, its ok jax, you can look at this and not the camera for a minute.. haha and Kellen was just looking on at the big boys with his cute little self.
They were laughing and spitting into the water below and watching the menos go crazy and swim up to the spit..  sigh Boys will be boys!! :)
And bless her heart, Racheal took some family pictures of us. I thought it would be good to mark Jaxson's k graduation with some rare family pics.

---------------
Yesterday was also five years to the day that Jon and I went out on our first date. He messaged me on instant messenger at work needing help for one of his drivers and we struck up a conversation from there.
Our mutual friend Heather sat beside him at work and she told him and I both seperately that we needed to date.. We had talked for a couple weeks on instant messenger for something to pass time at work, but I think we were both in jaded places and didn't really take it seriously... That is until he knocked on my apartment door for our semi-blind date and I swung the door open and said 'hey'. To here ME tell it, he was hooked from first sight!
I was NEVER good at dating. I didn't have long term relationships because I found flaws in every guy that truly liked me, and I spent an embarassing amount of time drinking away my sorrows, or chasing after guys that were 'jerks' to put it nicely. (expect barbie but look like sponge bob rather than ken. you know the ones).
I dreaded dinner dates because it always felt like either an interview or a snooze fest.. zzzzz. but with Jon and I none of that was the case. We both had a care free attitude about it so conversation was easy going and the chemistry was there. and the rest is history. In 19 days we leave for our 7 day cruise. were stoked!
 I love our little family.
                                             I feel truly blessed to have exactly what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment