' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, October 15, 2011

20 Month Milestone...In the Spirit of FALL

In the Spirit of FALL
First of all, let me say that no matter what personal disappointments or failures I have in life, I can spend a minute with my son and it makes it alllll go away...
This child is four months away from being 2 years old. Time flies when youre having fun. At 20 months he has developed an interest in Batman, or 'Batmeen' as he pronounces it. He has also discovered that mom and dads bed is WAY comfortable for kickin back, sippin on some 'chok' milk and watching movies. Though he doesnt stay still longer then 10 minutes, it is still adorable to watch him climb the king size bed and get under the covers and chill with his sippy cup.
"Where's batmeen? i dun knOw!" is repeated over and over during the movie. he answers his own question, luv it. 
we now take a morning flinstone vitamin.. and if I get busy and forget about it he will remind me he needs his 'vitameen'. 
We have a lot of September and October birthdays in our family, and in trying to teach him to say happy birthday to different people he has picked up 'happy day'.. he now says this every day with excitement and a huge smile on his face. He is such a happy baby with a sweet spirit. As an adult that tends to be grumpy all too often I could learn a thing or two from this little guy. 
Playing ball and being outside is what he loves to do more then about anything... last week on one of our usual walks he decided he didnt want to ride in the red wagon on that trip so he walked with us.. actually, he RAN in front of us around the entire block. I know older kids that couldnt do that without having to stop and rest and my 20 month old didnt skip a beat! crazy
Vintage Hawg
 My mom tends to give me random things to bring home with me about every time I go to her house. must just be a mom thing.. One item she sent our way was a Razorback shirt of mine from when I was Kellen's age.. This is a 30+ year old shirt! If I ever get a chance while at my parents house i'm gonna try to dig into the archives and locate a snapshot of me wearing it for his scrapbook. If you dont have kids, it might be an eye roller but to this momma its pretty neat to think of how time marches on...
and as you can see below, we have a lefty on our hands

 he was riding his 4wheeler along the road having a grand ol time and mom up and moved him out into the field for a picture.. I think the expression explains his thoughts on the matter pretty clear. ha
and here he is posing with Manny.
If you remember last years pictures I had of his 'run in' with the neighbors cat you will see that we've come a loooong way in the past year. He will get outside and head straight down the side walk yelling 'man-eee' He is loving animals and that makes me happy.. He needs a DOG (subliminal message to Jon)
Lawn mower 'dwivin' with his Pops
 The hat didnt stay on longer then .05 seconds, just long enough to freeze frame it in a pic!

____
He is counting now 'ooooooone, twooooo'. Nothing in the house is off limits apparently and he pilfers through as he pleases. Nothings safe! this week i thought he was in his room playing for a few minutes but it was too quiet so i went to check on him.. he was in jon's closet, standing in his tall work boots and was trying to put on his belt. when he saw me he just starts giggling..
My sister came by to visit him the other day at my parents house, so he started saying aunt tiffiney.. he puts his hands in the air and yells 'ant tidneeeey!'
its hysterical to jon and I.
So many cute moments and things they say.... sigh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment