' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, January 17, 2013

One Story... No Make it Two.

I'm sure I should be blogging about something profound or educational or a step-by-step of the meal I cooked for dinner last night...BUT I'm more interested in this little stinker kid of mine... and for the record we ate chili and grill cheese!
I have two stories I want to remember to scrapbook, an oldie and a newbie. I'll start with the more recent of the two...
Tuesday night this little stinker stayed the night with his Gramma so that I could host bunco night for the bunco crew. Neither of us are used to this, so by Wednesday evening we were both happy to see each other and get some hang time. His Gramma had got him some new (birthday) toys and we spent most of our evening occupied with getting them out of the packaging and trying them out.. (ridiculous packaging of toys these days is an entirely different can of worms!)
So bath time rolls around about the time American Idol is on. I'm not an avid Idol fan, but this season there is a local girl/ old coworker that is on the show (GO ANN), so I had it on and was trying to see if I could see her. Kellen's in the tub, I'm going from the bathroom to keep an eye on him to the living room to keep an eye on the TV, and this goes on for several minutes.
Kellen, missing me and all, is thinking I need to just be staying in the room with him. he has made it clear that he needs moms undivided attention at this point. I talk to him and then say 'i'll be right back' and then go in the living room and he'll say momma come here I need you' and so I go back in the room with him.. etc etc.
Well apparently he runs out of every excuse he can think of to get me back in the room with him..
'need you to wash my hair', 'soaps in my eyes' , 'we need to sing stuff'.. you know, the usuals..
So he says 'momma, hurry come in here quick'..me: ' I'm here, watcha need' .. he says' OUCH, something bit my toe' as he convincingly grabs his toe out of the water... me:'what could have possibly bit your toe in the water baby'.. he crouches down really low and whispers 'its sharks, a shark bit my toe. theres a shark in the tub and we need to get it outta here'..  So I spent the next 20 minutes catching sharks up outta the water and throwing them over in the trash can.. You would really be surprised how many sharks can be in a tub!!
Hoot 
:)
and the old story is from a few weeks back... One day that he was home with Jon he had been coloring. I walked in the door and he comes up to me with this lovely piece of paper all 'folded' up like a 'present' and he says' momma momma, I'm so glad you're home. I have a present for you. I made you this picture for you to put up at your work.'  gives me this enormous hug and then hands me the 'present'...
Now THAT is a great way to come home from work! 
and you betcha this is hanging up at my work!
love my little budding artist.
yay for the joys of simple life.
:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the stories... So sweet! Kids are so clever these days! :) What a cute little guy you have on your hands, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet:) The simple joys in life are sometimes the biggest moments of our day. My little girl likes to pretend she's a mermaid in the "pool." Always makes me laugh-I could watch her play mermaid all day if I could.

    ReplyDelete