' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, October 31, 2013

84 Years Beautiful...

 
For as long as I can remember I have always
 known that my Grandma is not the typical
sugary sweet grandmother that I've noticed
most people have.
She has always been just a tad too spicy :)
 
Not everyone can set a perfect example,
 or be sticky sweet
 at all times or please the masses.
 I am a lot like her in more ways
 then I'd probably ever admit. wink 
 
She is however, the only grandparent I have had
since a very early age, and no
 matter how dramatic
or wild things get with her
I will always love her and try to help her
any way that I can.
If you're a child of God and know
that in your heart, then age should
just be a number and you should allow
yourself to age gracefully.
Be giving to others and serve them
before you serve yourself. If you
have things that are not being used, let
others get the use and the good out
of them. Do not hoard them for yourself
for no other reason than selfishness.
Be kind to others, even when you think
they have done you wrong.
Be kind to people even if they are not your
favorite people. You will have loved ones
you are bias towards, that is only human,
but try to treat everyone equally as
not to hurt the feelings of those that
are not on your favorite list.
-- It takes examples of all kinds in life to learn
valuable lessons.--
The things I choose to love and think of my
Grandma for:
Overly generous to give her money to
Kellen, Jon, and I.
Always willing to give Kellen all the change out of her purse
Always giving him candy and toys.
Always trying to make sure kids have enough to eat.
Thinks Kellen is perfect and loves everything about him.
Used to ALWAYS let me win at Yahtzee no matter how many 
times I would have to roll the dice to get what I needed!
I remember her smiling and clapping and laughing
every time I'd get a Yahtzee.
Simplicity of life on her yard swing and singing songs.
and of course later in life as she's decided there isn't much
to do with her hair, her hats.
She has a hat like this in every color!
And she looks the most fabulous wearing them!
I told her lets put them on and take some pictures just for fun and
she said 'that looks good on you, you can have it if you want to.'
 
 
She reminds me to be the example that I want others to be.
Not everything about someone has to be negative.
Life is short and precious. Fill it with people to
love on and enjoy.
 
I love you Grandma Ida. 
Happy 84th birthday
May you live and be happy for
many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment