' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Heart in a Field in the Fall

 
I'm guessing it is due to the added rain we have
had this year, but I have found more great picture spots this year than any other year passed.
Found this fun spot a few weeks back
and have had some great luck here with many clients as well.
I pretty much scope out a spot, and then typically take my husband
and son there to try it out. For one, this is a good
way to test lighting and angles, and two, it's my excuse
to get them to do pictures so that I can
continue taking hundreds of my family.
shhhhh.. don't tell on me. 
 
The next one is one of my favorites of all time.
These two have always photographed well
together. I have an abundance of pictures
of them together and feel blessed for that.
but there is something extra wonderful about
this one. I think it will make the gallery wrap
wall I'm putting together.. oh yes yes
 

There is quite the personality in this child of mine.
This is one of his many smiles I get often.
 
and childhood is a beautiful thing and anytime you can
get a snapshot a little one running and playing and enjoying
life you should. Don't miss the opportunity to
capture real joy of childhood.
 
 
He tells everyone he is 3 and a half, and he holds up his 3 fingers. He is counting well into the 20's and slowly but surely we are learning to read and write all the abc's. This summer we took a good break from 'schooling' just to play and enjoy the pool and the summer, but
now we are back to lots of writing and preschool activity books.
He is a quick learner and I have no worries on his ability to jump into preschool
and kindergarten head first and excel.
 
 
 
Hide n seek is a major fave right now. and Nerf guns.
The boys bought me my very own pink Nerf gun for my
birthday this year. I love it!
We have Nerf gun wars on a weekly if not nightly basis
around our house, and play chase and hide n seek
every single day.
'Momma you're a good hidin spotter.' - KPD
Baseball is still his number one sport.
We practice catching and throwing and hitting every
week if not day. He is loving Mission Friends
at our church, and starting to really remember
kids names and making friends and building
relationships.
It is fun to watch him interact with his
friends.
At our Sunday school outing a few weeks back they had gotten the inflatables for kids
and one of them was 'jousting'.. Most of the kids playing were 5 and up. The other 3 year old cuties were over jumping in the bouncy house thing, but not my big boy..
He was with all the big kids thinking he needed a turn at this jousting thing.
Ashlyn was sweet enough to dual him and be easy about it :)
He could barely see out of the helmet, could barely hold up the jousting stick thing and could barely balance on the stool, but he gave it everything he had.
I loved the determination to get it done. ha
he was stinkin cute giving it a go.
love my sweet boy.  
As sweet as he is, and its pretty sweet, the age of 3 has brought
with it some rotten as well.
The word poop is still his favorite and gets overused.
ha
His expressions are still adorable but he
has added a loooot more attitude to the mix.
He still pronounces the priceless words though..
Recently I've noticed these:
fratend - pretend
inja = ninja
Abc's are still 'h-i-j-j kella mento p'
When we sing ring around the rosie' he says
'pocka pulla posey'.  makes my heart smile
with delight!  
It's not really a secret that we've been trying for quite
a while now to have another baby.. The idea of K having a sibling
that he is close with and that he can share a loving bond with
and understand how close that relationship can be is what I
want for him. I also just feel like one more would complete our
little family circle. The clock is ticking on it though, and I am
starting to accept that it just might not be God's plan for us.
Jon tries to make me feel better about it and is like
'well we got it right the first time with K'.. 
and he is right, we are pretty pleased. ha
God knows his plan for our lives. I lack patience and understanding
of that great plan, most of the time.
Maybe it is all to teach me that things are not
in my control.
We are beyond blessed for the two boys that we have and
to have found each other. Life is wonderful
with or without another baby.
Oh but wouldn't a blond headed quirky little girl be so
stinkin cute ???!!
:)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment