' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

mmm...mmm. turkey day, gobble gobble

Two weeks ago I called it quits on my day job... Saying goodbye to my corporate America gig of nearly 8 years was both awesome and bittersweet. A lot changes in your life over the course of working a job for that length of time... let me be clear, A LOT changed in my life over the course of 8 years! A single rowdy semi- grounded but mostly crazy girl experienced what i'll just refer to as, adulthood.. I grew up! Got over all the hoopla and road to a lonely and meaningless existance and found a really comfortable place for myself in this world. yada yada..Not to say I wont ever grace a corporate building with my presence again but for now the chapter is closed.  The transition has been good and the extra time with Kellen has been wonderful. I'd love to say I am able to do nothing every day, shop and set around eating bon-bons, but thats not the case. The imagery emporium,lol, my picture biz is going strong. To God be the glory for it being a success..  Kellen's first Thanksgiving was good.. It's fun when you are so excited about your child's 'firsts' of everything like holidays and the christmas tree etc. and try to talk to them about it and they just look at you and smile and then pinch your nose!
K's first Thanksgiving


A grand tradition to draw names ... Kellen and Lily got to help decorate the name cards. well, Lily apparently helped Brittany drink her iced coffee and Kellen chewed the markers, but STILL... grand tradition.


 
Brittany and Christopher came up for the holiday also... Kellen wishes she would just move back!
We love you Britty Louise Mandella Lavern the 33rd!!





No comments:

Post a Comment