' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, February 5, 2011

snow snow but most importantly CAKE


cake cake, give me allll the cake!
MMMM, these look so yummy and delicious dont they... and they would have been, except the stupid things
stuck to the pans :(  Apparently my version of greasing pans is not quite right.. go figure. Fortunately there was a box of yellow cake mix hangin out in the pantry to save the day. Now I know its probably uncool to make your child's cake yourself rather than have it made somewhere, but as you can see I opted to make them myself. This decision was made based on two things...1.) I am staying home with Kellen and the budget is smaller for a while. and 2.) quite honestly fondant makes a really attractive cake to look at but its GROSS.
\
What in the world are they doing now.. why are they singing and what is on fire on top of the cake??
what am i supposed to do with this ? Maybe I'll stick my face in it!
Production birthdays are not my style at all, so Kellen had family only for his first birthday celebration. His actual birthday isnt until Wednesday the 9th, but a Saturday party made more sense so everyone could make it... To be family only he sure did rake in the gifts! Mimi and Pops got him a huge new toy box (awesome), Gramma hooked him up with lots of clothes, Uncle Frankie and Aunt Angie got him another wonderful toy he loves and Uncle Chris and Aunt Dana hooked him up with some great toys and some fabulous toddler bibs personalized with his name on them (love)...It was a great first birthday for a very special little boy.
I'm guessing a February birthday is going to mean lots of parties with snow on the ground... and thats ok, we will just bundle up and go play and make the most of it... and thats exactly what we did !
Gramma kept making snowmen and Lily would come along and give them all cat ears and noses.
Pops brought his 4wheeler and him and Papaw made sure the kids (um, myself included) had a blast sledding and playing in the snow.

Mimi took over the camera outside for a while so I could rip and roar with Kellen.


Kellen with his Uncle Bub... 2 extremely cool dudes, look out
Kellen with his Aunt Angie
One cool driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment