' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yay Brittany's here, show some luuuuv

Brittany is in town for a visit and spent the day with us. we hadnt seen her in a couple months, so Kellen was shy towards her at first but it didnt take long and he was back to laughing at her goofiness and mocking her funny noises and facial expressions. It was a gorgeous day to do a little shopping, chilis and why pictures ofcourse!
------
Baby quirks, baby quirks.. can i even say 'baby' anymore ? This little tyke is ONE. He is officially a toddler, oh my... He is loving cars and trucks and sports balls and books. He mimics LOTS of words. every family member is like, 'listen to this, he just said....' He will say what you just said really quickly after you say it.. so technically hes said lots of things, just really quick and only ONCE! ha   He says down when he wants down from eating. Door, down,ba(bath),dee(drink) have all been added to his vocabulary. Oh and how could I forget, 'wow' and 'whoa' ... and he knows when to say them to, its awesome! My sister got him a 4wheeler for his birthday and when he saw it he got excited and said WOW.. and then while playing with it he just kept saying 'wow' and 'whoa'.. sooo sweet. He did the same for all his birthday gifts at his  party. let me tell ya, it sure makes giving a gift extra sweet when the recipient says 'whoa' in the tiniest little voice :)
and the walking thing is old hat by now.. he is already trying to run! Tonight I got out some books we hadnt read in a while and brought them in the living room and said lets read, and started one of the books.. and he gets up and goes over to the basket that has his books in it and stands there and points.. He saw the Elmo colors book and wanted to read that one instead.. So I got it down for him and he sat down and read it over and over.. also into everything.. no drawers or cabinets are safe, look out!
-------
In the spirit of St. Valentine's Day, since you brought it up...
Last year we had a five day old baby home from the hospital on V day.. This year was low key as well, but when I woke up I had chocolates and a card by the coffee pot.. and the card was my favorite HOMEMADE!
This is one of my favorites ever...
I love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment