' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cuteness mixed in with the bobbles of tree decor!

Yes yes yes.. I joined the 'jump the gun' band wagon and we had our Christmas tree up this year after Halloween. ridiculous i know.. but doesnt change the fact that I was overly eager to get the holiday season under way this year. Kids have a tendancy of making things like christmas a much bigger, brighter, better ordeal then it ever was before... I was curious to how Kellen would respond to the trees. He is a big helper and always wants to help me so he took right up with wanting to help us put the trees up and decorate! He loves them. in the mornings, he wants us to set down in front of the tree with our 'coggee' and set and point and talk about all the ornaments. i tell him they are so pretty and he repeats: 'pitty, so pitty momma' ... giggle.
                                
              Their boy tree in Jaxson's room has had a few new additions to it this year.. a train, a plane and the boys each picked out their own 2011 ornaments to add. Jaxson picked out a bowling ball with hanging bowling pins because he wants to keep a 'sports theme'.. ha .and Kellen picked out elmo! he points to it and says, 'melmo!!' They are loving the boy tree. I believe this will be a grand Davis family tradition! woot

 My mom and I hit up hobby lobs and she helped me with the 'fluff' of a tree topper. love it. Like ive said several times, i've seen great great great trees already this year and previous, but ours is by far my favorite.. im partial!
 Its fun that he shares my joy for these trees and holiday excitement. The bottom line is, its not about the trees or even the bobbles and gadgets that go on the ridiculous trees..not to me anyways. it represents us and the foundation of our family we are building and growing. Its exciting for me to think that years from now i'll look back on these pictures and be like wow, our tree was so bare compared to now.. all those years of collecting ornaments and christmas traditions and good times and family memories.. my mom did a great job of working with what she had to do the same for me as a kid...always making our holidays special and full of family and love and games, stress free with so many laughs... when did 'stress' even become a part of my daily life and for pete sake WHYYYY... I have a feeling my mom doesnt even know how much I appreciate her for things like great childhood holiday memories...sigh sigh sigh.
Quality family time is what we discussed in sunday school class this morning.. i love spending my quality time with this baby !

No comments:

Post a Comment