' In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.' Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Riding a bike is a can-do, and wish for a dog comes true!

 
 
Is it possible that last week while at Gramma's house and we were 'wishin on dandelions' that Kellen decided to wish for a dog ??!! Because the above little stinker showed up on our door step with Mimi and Pops the very next week!
(Actual story behind this picture..) Jon heard Kellen say ' I wish my momma and daddy.'
and then that's all he heard.. So the following day him and I were hanging out and I said, 'kellen, when you were wishing on dandelions yesterday and making wishes and you said  ' I wish my momma and daddy..' , what did you wish for...?' and he giggled and says ' I wish for my momma and daddy to love me and give me lots of hugs and kisses.'
haha ummm DONE sweet boy, wish granted for 3 years now and then some!
----
well regardless of wishes, we have ended up with one sweetie cutie named Abby. My mom got her from my cousin while visiting in Oklahoma last week. Kellen has been asking me if we could get him a puppy every week for a solid year now pretty much, so you can only imagine that he is pretty ecstatic about her entrance to the family. 
 
 
 She tolerates him carrying her all uncomfortable, but seems to looooove chasing him around the yard. He will run around the street and she will chase him; those little feet just flying in the wind. it's a sight to see indeed.

I've always said, 'every little boy needs a dog that's his best friend.'
---
When she barks her feet come off of the ground. I'm guessing she thinks she's a really big mean guard dog. ferocious!
 
 
We have had a busy week of playing outside and getting quality time with Abbza babz.. Abigail, Abbygirl.. whatever I decide to call her at the time.  
Yesterday they played and ripped and romped and chewed grass and splashed in the water and ran around like banshees until they were straight sacked out. 3 hour nap!!! momma likes!!
This morning we had a play date with some friends and they had a sand box. (great time, thanks Luissa! ) It reminded me we needed sand for our sand table, so off to Lowe's we went and this kid had sand to play with by the afternoon! hours... HOURS were spent outside playing today. Babz and I were kicked back in the shade.. me with my phone sending emails and babz with her chew stick!
 
mmmm. sand pies.. why thank you Kellen!
 
 
-----
With extra time on my hands from working my 2 home based businesses now only.. WOOT by the way! I have been upholding my 2013 New Years resolution of getting caught up on my scrapbooking. I was over two years behind! Getting caught up is no short task but its been fun. Love me some memories and love me some scrapbooking!
Kellen wants to either help or he wants to do some of his own.. He found some paints and decided to paint me some doozies.. I thought his hand prints would be fun for the scrapbook and he thought it was VERY cool to get to paint his hands.. win - win
my little Picasso is extremely left-handed, can you tell by this at all ??
:)
-----
and drum roll please.... we have a bike rider!!
Yes the training wheels are on still, but this three year old has decided he wants to ride his bike.. One day he just grabbed it out of the garage and said, lets ride, so we did.
A few days of trying really hard and he is riding on his own. and oh so proud of his accomplishment also.. Today at Lowe's the check out guy asked him how old he was and he showed him his '3 fingers', and then said, ' and I can ride my bike too!'  followed by a big smile from both him for his proud moment and his momma for thinking he is truly a sweet gift from God.  
Around the block we go.. and again and again.. and Abby just follows right along!
I am your #1 fan Mr. K. Defend you til the end and cheer for you with every goal you take on.
May your accomplishments be many!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment